BRINGING INTERACTIVE AGRICULTURE EDUCATION TO ALAMEDA COUNTY
The Alameda County Fair Foundation is fundraising to build a working exhibition farm in the heart of the Alameda County Fairgrounds.
The Farm will provide schools across Alameda County (and beyond) with a field trip destination to engage, educate, and motivate students.
Programming & Curriculum
Animal & plant science
Engineering & innovation
Health & nutrition
Local historical crops
Seasonal & perennial crops
Modern barn, greenhouse, lab
Indoor classrooms with kitchen
Outdoor kitchen & dining area
Rainwater capture & storage
- Offers hands-on experience with crops, livestock, and agriculture ecosystems
- Showcases the latest in agriculture technology and
- Demonstrates energy & water conservation, pollinator encouragement, and modern animal husbandry
- Encourages nutrition with a focus on where food comes from and how to prepare it in nourishing, healthful ways
- Inspires students to pursue careers developing the next innovations in farming
- Connects the rich agriculture heritage of Alameda County to modern-day efforts to feed and clothe the population
- Offers new opportunities for learning, volunteering, and sharing expertise within the community
- Provides an impressive venue for events and gatherings
The Alameda County Fairgrounds has dedicated over 2 acres of land to The Farm.
Now, the Alameda County Fair Foundation is embarking on a capital campaign to raise the funds needed to build. Grants, industry partnerships, in-kind donations, and sponsorships will be key to the timely construction of this amazing facility.
Dedication opportunities are now available for the first phases of The Farm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss opportunities for naming rights.
And of course, the ongoing support of our community is essential. Donate now, in any amount:
Rendering courtesy of Dahlin Group.