BRINGING INTERACTIVE AGRICULTURE EDUCATION TO ALAMEDA COUNTY
The Alameda County Fair Foundation is fundraising to build a working exhibition farm in the heart of the Alameda County Fairgrounds.
The Farm will provide schools across Alameda County (and beyond) with a field trip destination to engage, educate, and motivate students.
Programming & Curriculum
Animal & plant science
Engineering & innovation
Health & nutrition
Local historical crops
Seasonal & perennial crops
Modern barn, greenhouse, lab
Indoor classrooms with kitchen
Outdoor kitchen & dining area
Rainwater capture & storage
- Offers hands-on experience with crops, livestock, and agriculture ecosystems
- Showcases the latest in agriculture technology and
- Demonstrates energy & water conservation, pollinator encouragement, and modern animal husbandry
- Encourages nutrition with a focus on where food comes from and how to prepare it in nourishing, healthful ways
- Inspires students to pursue careers developing the next innovations in farming
- Connects the rich agriculture heritage of Alameda County to modern-day efforts to feed and clothe the population
- Offers new opportunities for learning, volunteering, and sharing expertise within the community
- Provides an impressive venue for events and gatherings
The Alameda County Fairgrounds has dedicated over 2 acres of land to The Farm.
Now, the Alameda County Fair Foundation is embarking on a capital campaign to raise the funds needed to build. Grants, industry partnerships, in-kind donations, and sponsorships will be key to the timely construction of this amazing facility.
And of course, the ongoing support of our community is essential. Donate now, in any amount:
Rendering courtesy of Dahlin Group.