Safety and Rules
Guest safety is our first priority at Alameda County Fairgrounds. In our continued effort to ensure a safe and positive environment for all, security screenings are routinely conducted at entrance gates and the following measures are strictly enforced:
- Service animals only
- Prepared food contained in a soft cooler or insulated bag
- Soft-sided cooler or bag maximum size: 16”x16”x8”
- Diaper bag
- Folding chair
- Camel packs, non-breakable water containers
- Pocket knives (blades shorter than 3”)
- Pets or other animals
- Firearms, any type of weapon*
- Mace or pepper spray
- Illegal drugs or narcotics
- Cannabis products of any kind
- Alcohol or any type of alcoholic beverage
- Loose or catered-style food
- Hard shell coolers/ice chests
- Glass bottles, cans, flasks
- Grills/charcoal/flammable liquids
- Large shade umbrellas
- Bikes, skateboards, scooters, roller blades
- Professional camera equipment (see photography policy)
- Drones (see drone policy)
*Includes off-duty peace officers or any individual licensed to carry a concealed weapon.
Alameda County Fairgrounds is a smoking and vaping-free facility.
Smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce smoke or vapor are allowed in designated smoking areas only.
NOTE: Permissible and prohibited items are subject to change for individual events.
RULES OF CONDUCT
While on Fairgrounds property, all guests are expected to:
- Wear shirt and shoes at all times
- Behave respectfully
The following are considered serious conduct violations and may be cause for immediate removal from Fairgrounds property:
- Any act defined by federal, state, or local statute or ordinances as constituting a crime including damage, destruction, vandalism, or theft (may also lead to prosecution)
- Disorderly or disruptive conduct, or any activity that could result in physical harm to person or property
- Behavior indicative of alcohol or substance impairment
- Littering, spitting, sitting/propping feet on table tops, abuse of landscaping, property, etc.
- Blocking or obstruction of any building, booth, exhibit, concession, performance, ticket window, gate, stage, doorway, fire exit, stairway or walkway
- Solicitation including the selling and/or distribution of materials of any kind (The sales of goods and services may only be conducted in a designed commercial vendor Applications for such commercial space may be obtained from the Fair Events Department)