Safety & Rules
Alameda County Agricultural Fair AssociationSafety & Rules
Guest safety is our first priority at The Alameda County Fairgrounds. In our continued effort to ensure a safe and positive environment for all, security screenings are routinely conducted at entrance gates and the following measures are strictly enforced:
- Employees and security will remain on the grounds at all times for the safety of our guests
- Management has the right to refuse service/admission to anyone at any time for any reason as they see fit
- Children ages (up to 11) must have an adult with them at all times, including when using the restroom
- If you are caught trespassing on property, you will prosecuted accordingly
- NO REFUNDS/NO EXCHANGES. If you are unable to attend the event, you may transfer your ticket to another party. If a show is postponed or canceled due to unforeseen circumstances you will be notified via email. If/when the show is rescheduled you will receive an updated ticket.
- The SPEED LIMIT on the lot is 5 MPH
- Footwear is required everywhere on the grounds
- Grills and BBQs are prohibited
- Outside alcohol is not permitted
- No Smoking on grounds
- No Pets
- No WALK-INS / BICYCLES / MOTORCYCLES
- No dogs or other pets allowed. This includes emotional support, therapy and comfort animals.
The Alameda County Fairgrounds is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any of the following:
- Motor vehicle or cycle accidents
- Damage to vehicles, self or personal property
- Stolen or lost items
- Medical injuries or accidents
All Events Policy
- Pre-prepared or packaged food items that fit in 1 soft-sided cooler/insulated bag (16” 16” x 8” or smaller)
- 1 backpack or backpack-sized tote
- Folding Chair
- Camelpak or non-breakable water containers
- Cooking equipment of any kind
loose food or food contained in large, catering-style pans, trays, bowls, etc.
- Hard shell coolers/ice chests (plastic, metal, etc.)
- Charcoal or flammable liquids
- Large shade umbrellas (small umbrellas/parasols are fine)
- Knives, metal utensils, or any item that could be considered or used as weapon
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cans or glass containers
- Comfort animals or pets
- Firearms or any type of weapon*
- Mace or pepper spray
- Illegal drugs or narcotics
- Cannabis products of any kind
- Alcohol or any type of alcoholic beverage
- Bikes, skateboards, scooters, roller blades
- Professional camera equipment (see photography policy)
- Drones (see drone policy)
*Includes off-duty peace officers or any individual licensed to carry a concealed weapon.
Permissible and prohibited items are subject to change for individual events.
Violation of these Rules of Conduct will constitute cause for removal.
In order to ensure the safety, security, privacy and property interests of the Alameda County Fairgrounds, the use of drones is strictly prohibited within the Fairgrounds property and/or air space without prior written consent. Violators may be subject to removal and/or arrest.
Guest Photography: Guests are welcome to take photographs while visiting the Fairgrounds with the following exceptions:
- Photographing individuals without their consent is not permitted
- Professional or amateur photographers not employed or contracted by The Alameda County Fairgrounds must obtain a signed consent waiver form from each person they photograph at an event on the Fairgrounds
- Photographing minors (any person under the age of 18) without the consent of parent/guardian, is unlawful and strictly prohibited!
- The Alameda County Fairgrounds reserves the right to photograph, film, videotape, record or otherwise reproduce the image and/or voice of any/all persons who enter the Fairgrounds, and use same, for any purpose without payment or compensation to individual(s) photographed.
*Subject to change pending State and County guidelines.