“I have been to 2 of the drive in movies with my family and took the kids over to the grab and stay food trucks once and I wanted to let you know it has been pretty fun. I hope that you continue the drive in movies through September/October. The drive in gives a bit of normalcy during this odd time in our lives. Thank you for allowing my foot and me something to do while on Covid lockdown.”
“The drive in movies are awesome!”
$35 per Vehicle (Online Advance Purchase)
$40 per Vehicle (On-Site, if tickets are available)
Tune into radio station 97.1FM to listen along (subject to change)
– Bring a copy of your receipt on mobile device or printed
– Enter at Gate 12 off of Valley Avenue; Gates to movie parking opens by 6:45pm
– The parking price is per vehicle, not per person (max 6 people per car)
– Masks must be worn at all times per the Alameda County Health Order
– Shop the Grab-n-Stay Food Trucks for meals, drinks & snacks before the movie (closes at 9pm)
You may also call Etix to buy parking at (800) 514-3849
– Guests must wear a mask at all times per the Alameda County Health Order
– All guests need to stay with the vehicle /bubble they arrived with
– You may sit outside your vehicle if you stay in your paid parking space
– No more than six people per vehicle (up to six people fit outside the car in the parking space)
– Large vehicles (over 70 inches tall) must park in the back
– Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate recreational vehicles (e.g., Motor homes, Fifth Wheels, Trailers), motorcycles or bikes
– Keep your headlights off during the movie
– Back hatches may not be open above your vehicle’s roof line
– There will be no trash cans, whatever you bring to the movies with you must go home with you
– If you have any concerns, watch the movie screen for the Guest Services phone number to call
– Look for EXIT signs upon leaving, there will be multiple routes to leave in a timely manner
– Check your ticket for what time the Gate opens and when the movie starts
Alameda County Fair is a private nonprofit organization, if the following Rules & Regulations are not adhered to, you will be asked to leave.
Please check out the FAQ’s below if you have further questions or our Safety webpage for complete list of rules.
Movies will start at dark, please check your ticket for exact time.
Yes, per the Alameda County Health Order, masks are mandatory and must be on at all times unless you are eating or drinking. Please help us by following this order. Guests who ignore this order will be asked to leave without a refund.
Rules are subject to change. Guests who do not comply will be asked to leave.
- Everyone must wear a face mask outside their vehicle at all times per the Health Order
- You must come in a vehicle that fits in one parking space
- No more than six people per vehicle or sitting outside the car in the paid designated parking space
- Large vehicles such as SUVs and trucks need to park in the back (a measuring stick will be at the gate to check)
- No sitting or parking in the empty spots between cars in all directions
- You must sit only in your paid parking spot with a face mask
- Headlights must be turned off while parked
- Hatches may not be lifted above the car roof line
- No sitting on your roof
- No sitting in empty car spots, if you are outside your vehicle, please stay within your paid parking spot
- NO PETS – if you bring your pet you will be asked to leave
- Kids must stay with their parents and social bubble, no running around the parking lot or grass areas
- No smoking
Admission into the movie area will begin at 7:30 PM.
Yes, if parking is still available.
Pre-orders only – if you pre-ordered a Movie Meal Pack or Cinema Snack-Pack for four, please park in the movie lot, then pick up your order between 7:30-8:30pm in the Grab-n-Go Food Truck area. Follow the signs.
Audio will be streamed through an FM stereo sound that is tuned directly through your car’s FM stereo. Tune into radio station 97.1FM (subject to change). Turn your key to accessory mode to keep your stereo on. If you don’t have an FM stereo, or are concerned about your vehicle’s battery, bring a portable FM radio with fresh batteries. Unfortunately there is not a reliable app.
If you need hearing accommodations, please check with the parking attendant as you check in at Gate 12 or the movie lot.
Visit alamedacountyfair.com and our Facebook page for weekly announcements.
The only language the station streams is English.
If your FM radio source is your car radio, your key should be turned to accessory mode. If you are not using your car radio, then you do not need to keep your car running during the show. If you do keep your battery on, be sure to start your car every so often to keep your car battery strong.
Yes, there are ADA parking spots near the restroom. You must have a valid handicap sticker or license plate, please let the parking staff know when you check in at the movie lot.
Yes, please check in with the parking attendant at Gate 12 or the movie lot for options.
There will be a guest services phone number (925-872-6812) you can call. It will also be displayed on the screen before the show begins.
Most vehicles will not have a problem. If you are concerned, we recommend turning your car on a few times during the movie. In the event your battery dies, we offer a complimentary jump-start that will quickly get you on your way.
Pets are not allowed on the Alameda County Fairgrounds or at the Drive-in. If you bring a pet, you will be asked to leave.
No, one parking spot will not fit an RV or oversized vehicle. It would require two parking spots and have to park in the back so as to not block other guests views of the movie screen.
You may sit in your parking spot, do not park in the empty spots between cars. Face masks must be worn by anyone who exits their vehicle at all times. No BBQing.
Sitting in a truck bed is permitted – guests must stay in the bed of their own truck, no loitering around the vehicle. If you choose to sit in the bed of your truck, a mask must be worn for the entirety of the time spent outside the cab of the vehicle, per the current Alameda County Health Order.
No, children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Masks must be worn by anyone who exits their vehicle to use the restroom, both children and adults.
No assigned parking. Cars will be queued normally into aisles and spaces by our professional parking staff to ensure physical distancing. Once you are parked in your spot, you must not move your car. For health and safety reasons we ask everyone to please cooperate and not change spots. Please respect the instructions of our parking attendants, we are not able to take special requests.
Yes, any vehicle that may obstruct the vision of other vehicles may be parked closer to the back to allow for the best viewing of all guests. Cars over 70 inches tall, there are measuring sticks as you enter the lot.
Must line up for movie entry together to ensure spots are close and you must remain in the vehicle you arrived in during the movie. There is no promise you will be next to each other, we may not take special requests. Vehicles will be physically distanced per the Alameda County Health Order. You may not exit your vehicle to sit with friends in another vehicle.
No, parking attendants will line up cars as they come in. You may try to line up for the movie together to ensure spots are close.There is no promise you will be next to each other, we may not take special requests. Vehicles will be physically distanced in adherence to the current Alameda County Health Order. You may not exit your vehicle to sit with friends in another vehicle.
No. Unfortunately motorcycles are not permitted at the drive-in.
The speed limit is 5 mph.
For the safety of our customers, we do not allow firearms, weapons of any kind, drugs (including marijuana) or alcoholic beverages. All vehicles are subject to search. All garbage must stay inside the vehicle, we are not able to provide trash bags per the current Alameda County Health Order.
Yes, purchasing tickets online is the best way to ensure that you have parking at your favorite movie. You also save by purchasing ahead online. To buy parking passes visit at alamedacountyfair.com or by calling Etix at (800) 514-3849.
Yes, you may shop the Grab-n-Stay Food Truck until 9pm.
Yes, your movie pass also gets you into the the Grab-n-Go food truck parking lot.
No in and out privelages. There is a one-time entry; no re-entry is permitted for vehicle or by foot. You may leave to go to the Grab-n-Stay Food Trucks.
What comes in with you goes home with you. Per the Alameda County Health Order, there will be no trash cans available.
Restrooms will be open. You must wear a mask and keep a physical distance of 6 feet. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
We will communicate via email and social media if weather threatens the drive-in movie for that evening. If a movie is rescheduled due to weather, tickets will automatcially be valid for the new show date.
HD Projectors are used to show the movies. Screens have a cinematic surface and 12,000 lumen projectors. Screen size is 40 feet wide by 20 feet high. The Airscreen is double sided, there will be two sides of the screen to watch the movie / two parking lots. You will be assigned a parking spot upon entering. We may not take special requests on which side you would like to park or if you would like to park next to a friend. Large vehicles will be parked in the back.
Yes, please safely follow the instructions of the parking attendants.
No, movie tickets are purchased per night and are not reusable. However, you may give your ticket to a friend to use that night.